Canolfan Y Bont is an informal and friendly community hub in the heart of Pontarddulais. The Centre became a major project for the Pontarddulais Partnership when Gower College decided to close the facility in 2009. After extensive negotiations with the College the Partnership re-opened the Centre in August 2010 for the community. Although the past year has been one of considerable change for the organisation, the Centre continues to grow from strength to strength with new projects being introduced both within the Centre and throughout the community. Our existing lease with Gower College has been extended for a further 5 years which provides us with a secure base until the autumn of 2022 and we have introduced a coffee shop, Café Canolfan, to the Centre. The Pontarddulais Partnership continues its work to support many community initiatives within the town of Pontarddulais.
- A friendly and informal venue for community based skills, learning and activity.
- Rooms for hire (we can accommodate from 2 to 40 people), including a newly-equipped IT suite utilising new technology.
- Work Club – helping unemployed members of the community to find employment – Tuesdays 10am-2pm (further availability by appointment).
- Councillor Surgery – held on the second and last Friday of each month, 5-7pm.
- An office base for the Pontarddulais Partnership.
- An office base for Our Place - offering one-to-one support and community based activities that are responsive to the changing needs of adults with disabilities.
- An office base for A & L Accountancy
- An office base for the Local Area Coordinator
- Second Chance Charity Shop. Opening hours, Monday to Friday 9.30am to 4.30pm.
- Café Canolfan. Opening hours, Monday to Thursday 9.30am to 4.30pm; Friday 9.30am – 4pm.
- Volunteering opportunities for community members.